Thursday, January 10, 2008

"May the best of your past, be the worst of your future"

This movie had a great twist between past and present. I liked how a majority of the film focused on the past, but you did not experience many flashbacks, which gave the viewer the opportunity to be a detective and to solve the problem on their own. The movie was enjoyable in this way.

I really like the turn that the movie had when it was revealed that she was an assassin for the U.S. Government. It was a great feeling to see a woman cop, and not only presented as a woman, but a woman of power. She portrayed herself as a mother at first, but her switch up of roles gave the movie an edge. Her alter ego, being Charlie, confused me at first because I feared that she was going to forget the life she left and the family she made. To my suprise, her new character was so bad ass that it was hard to keep my eyes off the screen. Yes, many parts of the movies were over the top and hard to fathom realistic, but as my father always says, "only in the movies".

The music was a bit different I noticed. During action scenes, it did not have a consistent tune. It would be slight beats and then a hard, loud noise every time there was a movement. This is different in comparison to other films we have watched because either the music has completely made the scene or has gone completely unnoticed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Danielle makes a good point about the use of past and present. While I knew Davis’s character was going to have to end up being some form of crime fighter just by knowing that it was a police film, you couldn’t tell that just from the opening scenes. The director did a good job of tying it all together and connecting the two characters without directly spelling it out. This allowed the viewer to form their own ideas about the movie.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home